Friday, July 29, 2011

side note - job?

I know I've still got a couple more days to fill in from the developmental biology workshop, but its been quite busy.  Somehow I've ended up in an interview process for a faculty position.  I'm still not sure exactly what happened as it started with going to a friend's sister's house for a birthday and now I think I'm in negotiations for a tenure-track position in a school of pharmacy.  There's still a ways to go to make sure its a good fit for both parties, but its kind of exciting to have a good prospect.

The unfortunate part is that it takes a lot of time to interview, prepare materials, etc.  The good part is that I've got a great summer undergraduate in the lab, so the science is still moving forward.  We'll see how this all works out... but its interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment