Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Alas, a lack!

Ah... after a summer of interviewing and negotiating, the faculty position in the school of pharmacy fell through and I'm back on the job market - not that I ever really left completely.  In many ways, I'm bummed because I liked the people, it seemed like a supportive and collaborative environment, and I am tired of applying for jobs.  At least this happened now... its that season - academic job market season.  Full of wishful ads and piles of applications currently labeled 'TO DO'. The season seems to have started a little early this year.  Last year the deadlines huddled around October and November, the year before October to December. Now deadlines are well into September. 

My mentors all seem optimistic now that I've got a Science paper and it looks like I'll have a paper in press very soon in a Nature Publishing Group journal (in revision after good reviews but not yet accepted).  Optimism is a very nice luxury when its not you that has to wait to be weighed against a deep pool of candidates.  I do hope that they're right.  I guess here's to hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment