Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

This week was one of those weeks. It seemed like if it could go wrong, it did. But, as Bing Crosby sang, "Still, there's plenty to be thankful for." This has been a great and productive year. Two papers published in broad, high impact journals and two more manuscripts in the pipeline. I had a fabulous undergrad working with me over the summer to develop a new project. I feel like the hard work is paying off with good job prospects. I am thankful. Most importantly, I've accomplished a lot professionally while still spending a lot of time with my family and watching my kids grow. My son has gone from a crawling baby to a running toddler and my daughter is flourishing in her first year in preschool. Its been a good year and its not quite over yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment