Friday, October 11, 2013

A rocky start

I'm not sure where September went, but I find myself in a new office in New Brunswick over looking trees donning the multi-hues of fall... as an new Assistant Professor at Rutgers's Institute of Marine and Coastal Science.

Have I finally settled? This is the illusive tenure-track faculty position - achieved! Like a barnacle cyprid, I'm testing out furniture arrangements before cementing it in place. I'm overwhelmingly excited and also overwhelmed - with the stuff to purchase, with living in a hotel and then finally moving (our sewer main was discovered broken less than 48 hours after closing!), with bringing personnel on board, and well, the whole thing. Hopefully, my rocky start will lead to a better over all hold as well. Right now, I feel woefully behind.

A new website is in the works. I hope to share it shortly!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, Diane! What a load of challenges to deal with! You are one of the most competent people I know and I trust that you will come thru this stronger and more confident. We are with you in spirit, if not in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! What an accomplishment! You should be proud, I know I am and so is your Dad. You'll get to encourage emerging scientists to pursue their ideas and find solutions to problems at hand in atmosphere of discovery. Have fun! Can't wait for the grand tour.

    ReplyDelete