Friday, November 8, 2013

What's in a NAME?

In preparation for my official lab website, I have to come up with a name. And no offense to my husband - Adams Lab isn't currently cutting it - too generic.

I am unfortunately NOT gifted with the ability to make catchy acronyms for projects, etc. Here are some possible words that could go in the lab name:

Larvae/Larval
Ecology
Molecular Ecology
Evolution
Dispersal
Development
Adaptation
Marine
Ocean
Lab
Adams

PLEASE help me come up with something cleaver! Put your suggestions in the comments.
Thanks for your help!

4 comments:

  1. What are you going to do/study in this lab? All the stuff up above? Have you thought of trying to create a pronounceable acronym of the various elements you listed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the idea! Any acronyms come to mind?

      Delete
    2. Admittedly not inspired, but 2 ideas:
      MaLDEEL: Marine Larval Dispersion, Evolution, and Ecology Lab

      OLDEEL: Oceanographic Larval Dispersion, Evolution, and Ecology Lab

      I tried to make Larvae or Mussel work, but no go. Or some other ocean thing.

      Delete
  2. My suggestion might be something like:

    Diane’s Adaptive Development Sea LAB

    DADs Lab

    Might be too corny---it just came quickly to my mind when I read your call for suggestions.

    ReplyDelete