Monday, January 24, 2011

Shameless self promotion

Scripps Pier and the gorgeous Pacific Ocean... ahh...
I'm head out in a few days to do a little self promotion on the west coast.  I was kindly invited to give a seminar at Scripps Institution of Oceanography in La Jolla, Ca almost a year and a half ago.  Budgets being the way they are, travel for out-of-towners has been one of the first things cut at institutions across the country.

I decided to take things into my own hands.  Sunny California sounds quite nice this time of year (high today in DC 30 F, in La Jolla 75 F) and I could use the practice and promotion.  Think the tickets are tax deductible? So, I'm packing up the kids and heading to grandma's house in LA for a mini-speaking tour.  I'll also be giving seminars at USC and Cal State LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment