Monday, July 16, 2012

Job search - Advantage of Order

 


The Usual Suspects... its always the one at the end.
Percentage of offers from interviewing first = 0%, middle = 0%, end = 100%. All of my job offers, thus far have come from the places I went last or very near the end.

Everyone said, go first or go last. The first one sets the bar. The last one is freshest in their brains.  I guess I just didn't set the bar high enough... or it wasn't memorable enough... or maybe its a coincidence. The other common denominator was a broad job description for the places I've gotten offers - any marine science or biological oceanography. So 'fitting' the job ad wasn't an issue.

Granted, it is only an n = 13 and for one person... but its enough that my new superstition is to always go last.

Anyone have any additional data to add?

No comments:

Post a Comment